&t The Taylor Family: Surprise!

Tuesday, March 24

Surprise!

Today I went to work for my 4 hours and then stopped at the store for a couple quick things and then went home. I did my usual stuff around the house and then went and got Bresa from school and then helped her with her homework. When we were finished we planned on planting some bulbs in the garden so I went in the garage and started to gather the supplies. There was a knock on the door but I didn't bother answering it because I assumed it was one of Peter's customers. I heard the girls laughing and saying Grandma and Morgan so I had to go in to see what was going on. To my surprise my mom and Jim had come over, I thought it was odd since I had just talked to my mom on the way home and she hadn't said anything about stopping by. My mom loves to garden so I thought that maybe she would want to help with the bulbs but before I could say anything, Peter looked at me and asked "You want to go get ready?" I said sure and figured we must be going out to dinner somewhere local. Turns out Peter had made reservations at the Melting Pot (my favorite!) and had called my mom last week to set this all up. I had no clue! My mom came over to watch all three kids so we could get away to celebrate my birthday (which is Thursday). Peter and I took off for a wonderful four course dinner, complete with chocolate fondue set ablaze. We were going to go to the movies afterward but we must be getting old because we were both too tired by the end of the meal. I was definitely surprised and I had a great time! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Smith Family said...

What a nice surprise!!!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Rayna Nielsen said...

Sounds awesome. Happy Birthday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home