&t The Taylor Family: To the hospital

Tuesday, June 18

To the hospital

Today, while I was at work, I started having contractions that stayed pretty consistent throughout the day. Around 2:30 I called my doctor to see what they thought I should do. Tomorrow I will be 35 weeks so it is still early for me to go into labor. The contractions didn't have much pain with them but nurse told me to go to the hospital if they stayed at 5 minutes apart for an hour. I hadn't really been timing them so I sat at my desk and started the count. It didn't take but a few contractions to determine that I they were about 3 minutes apart. I sat and watched them as I tried to finish up my work. I stayed until almost 4, when I usually go home before I left for the day and called my doctor again. The nurse told me I needed to go to the hospital right away. I headed home (in the direction
of the hospital) and called Peter to tell him I needed to go in. He called our friend, Joe, who met us at the house to take care of the children and we went up to Daytona. At the hospital I had to register and then we waited for probably an hour or more in the waiting room until there was a triage room available. Finally they called me back and hooked me up to the machines to measure my contractions. After I gave them some more information the nurse told me that I was still contracting every 3-4 minutes. I was happy that I wasn't just crazy and that we hadn't come all this way for nothing but I also wanted to make sure that this little baby stayed in as long as he needed to before coming out into the world. Come to find out I had a UTI which my doctor told me could irritate the uterus and cause contractions. He gave me an antibiotic and sent me home for bed rest. I was more excited than I should have been about this because I was really over working and things at the job had started to get pretty stressful. I was really looking forward to having some time off work for a while. My bed rest is moderate which is nice, it's not like I had when I was pregnant with the triplets when I wasn't even allowed to sit up. I can do most normal things around the house but I have to conscientious about my activities and make sure I rest often. For example, I can fold the laundry and put it in the drawers but I can't carry the basket up and down the stairs and put the clothes in the machine, but hey, that's why we have children. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home