&t The Taylor Family: Sneak Peak

Sunday, October 27

Sneak Peak

I have been working on all the Halloween costumes for a couple weeks now. Javan decided he wanted to be Darth Vader and from there we all decided this year would be a Star Wars Halloween. We borrowed a really cool light saber from my uncle and so of course Peter needed a Jedi cloak to go with it. I am not much of a sewer
though and I have never made anything from a pattern so this was a whole new experience from me. The most I have really down is sew some buttons back on pants and then a couple stuffed animal stitch ups. It took me several days just to figure out the pattern and there needed to be quite a few alterations made to it since it was a wizard's cape and not a hooded cloak. Yesterday I finally cut out all the pieces
I needed and then for 12 straight hours today I set to work sewing it all together and adjusting as needed. Overall, I am extremely pleased and proud of myself. I worked really hard and was worried for a good bit over the last few days but it all came together very nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home