&t The Taylor Family: Mock Cycle

Tuesday, September 19

Mock Cycle

Today was the end of my mock cycle for the surrogacy. I had to go through each procedure and blood test that I would do during the actual In-vitro fertilization including taking all the medications that go along with it. The doctors were making sure that my body would accept all the meds properly and my body would prepare itself for the transplant. The only thing I didn't have to do was give myself injections daily which I will have to start once the real cycle begins. This morning I had to go in for a quick blood test and then after the results came back normal I had to go in for a biopsy of my uterine lining. It was a really quick procedure after numbing me it only took about 5 minutes total. The biopsy itself didn't hurt at all but the numbing part before had me close to tears. After the procedure I was free to return home and resume normal activity but I did experience some bad stomach cramps and very slight dizziness. I just took it easy and Peter took good care of me (as always). I should get the results sometime in the next week but I am not expecting anything abnormal. They were just checking to make sure that my lining was responding properly to the step in the medication procedure I was in. The good news is that I get to stop all the medications I was on until I start the actual cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home