&t The Taylor Family: 1 down, 7 to go

Wednesday, November 14

1 down, 7 to go

In the past couple on months there have been an increasing number of stray dogs running around the neighborhood. There are usually two dogs at a time and they are drawn to our house like moths to a flame. I am not a dog person, but I appreciate them as pets and sometimes consider getting a family dog of our own. Peter and I do not have a fence around our backyard, though we really want one, it isn't something we can afford just yet. The other day I saw two pit bulls running full speed behind our house and then they proceeded to do laps around it. I immediately called animal control but they were too late to find them. There are two other dogs that come around and are responsible for destroying our fish pond out front. They jump in and splash all the water out, they knock all the bricks in, and no matter how often I clean it the water is constantly filthy because they wash themselves in it. I love animals and I understand if a dog escapes once or twice every once in a while but this is an ongoing occurrence. I see a stray dog at least once every three days and that is just the times that I am home. The other day, there were two labs running around and they jumped on our screen in the nursery and it sounded like someone was trying to break in. I was home alone with Abbi so I put up in my room and shut the door and then started checking the rooms before I saw the dogs running in between ours and the neighbors house. I have had enough. Today when I saw a small cute dog in our backyard chewing on something, after having used our wall for a bathroom, I caught him and put him in the garage. I called animal control and they picked him up. I hate the fact that I can't let my girls go out and play because someone else is too neglectful to properly care for their animals. This is the first one I have sent and hopefully the only one I have to. I hope that from this one incident word will spread that animal control will be called and they will respond to unleashed animals.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I would have done the same thing. There are too many stories about children getting bit or even killed by someone else's dog because they weren't properly restrained. Your children's safety isn't worth the risk.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger We are the Taylors said...

Thank you, I agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home