&t The Taylor Family: Happy 6th Birthday Abbi!!

Wednesday, June 8

Happy 6th Birthday Abbi!!

My baby girl is no longer 5, she turned 6 today and is very proud of it. Once again I tried to convince her not to get older but she said she wanted to and already learned everything she could in Kindergarden and needed to go on to first grade. I had to work during the day but I told Abbi on the phone that when I got home she could open her presents after she gave me a hug. Peter took the kids to McDonald's for lunch which is a very nice treat for them all. When I came through the door after work Abbi was the first one to greet me with a nice big hug. She opened her presents very excitedly and then I made her the dinner of her choice, macaroni and cheese. I tried to change her mind about that too but that is what she wanted so that is what she got. She helped me make some chocolate chip cookies and asked if she could have one after dinner but much to her surprise I pulled out a really cool Kitty Cake for her instead. We sang Happy Birthday and after she blew out the candles Abbi chose the cake piece with the cat's face on it. We all enjoyed the cake and Daddy read some chapters in their Narnia book. Christina and Noah came over after they celebrated their anniversary over dinner and picked up Abbi to have a sleepover at their house for a couple nights. It is hard to grasp the idea that my baby is already 6 years old. People always say they grow so fast but you really have no idea until you live it. Happy Birthday baby girl, you are so sweet and wonderful and you bring me so much joy. You remind me to love and put others first and your never-ending compassion helps me stay in check. I love you so so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home