&t The Taylor Family: Second Day of Sale

Saturday, July 30

Second Day of Sale

This morning we lugged all the stuff out and again and found more things to fill in the spaces of the items we sold yesterday. Another hot hot day but still a pretty steady flow of customers came through. I had advertised on Craigslist and a lot of people came as a result. We had signs out too, of course, and mom's house is in a nice location. One of mom's neighbors had a sale today too so that drew more people in. I didn't do very well today but I really can't complain. Mom had a great day and I was happy to see a lot of stuff go. After the heat had gotten the best of me I took the kids to the next door neighbors and we went swimming in his pool. The kids were happy to be outside and not so hot and have something more to do than watch tv and sit around. I figured this would help them release some energy and get some sun too. I taught the girls how to do cannonballs into the pool (I didn't show them but explained the actions) and after just a few tries they both had it down. Javan played on the stairs and then swam out with me a couple times to deeper water. After almost 2 hours I was ready to get out. The kids wanted to stay but I still had to help mom put all the stuff back in the garage. Most of our big items were still there so it looks like tomorrow we will continue to be open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home