&t The Taylor Family: Christmas Eve

Saturday, December 24

Christmas Eve

Today was a nice relaxing day with not too much to do. Peter needed to finish up a couple gifts so we all went to the store together and then stopped at Chick-fil-a for lunch. At home I tried to clean up a bit so things would be nice and orderly for tomorrow. I like a clean house and I knew I would not want to deal with a mess on Christmas Day. The kids made sure their rooms were spotless because they knew that Santa doesn't visit homes with messy rooms. I had made cookies with my sister-in-law, Heather, yesterday so we would have something to leave Santa when he stopped by. Peter had to go to church around 3:30 for practice for this evenings church services. I started getting the girls all prettied up with their hair and beautiful Christmas dresses that Grandma had bought for them. Around 5 Steve, Heather, Tyler, Mom and Jim came over. Our church was having services at 5, 7, and 11 tonight and we were going to the 7:00 one. Around 6:15 we left for the church to ensure we got a good seat and parking spot. There was really no one there just yet which was nice and it gave me time to find Peter and see him a little bit before the service started. The 5 and 7 services were Kid Interactive and each child got a box full of goodies to use during the service as well as some fun stuff to do at home. There were bells for the songs and a shiny silver paper that the kids had to write a wish on and crumple up. The paper was collected and then taken to the front to make a huge star that was later raised over the alter. It was really cool. There were also some paper crafts and a glow stick to wave during Silent Night. After the service Peter was able to come home for a couple hours before heading back to church. I had ordered a large ring sub from Publix and Mom picked it up on the way over and brought dip, chips, and potato salad. We were all starving and happy to have such good food to eat. We took a few pictures and looked up Santa's flight track online so we had an idea of what time he would be coming. Eventually everyone headed back to mom's and my kids got ready to go to bed. I had wanted to go to the midnight service but the kids were tired and I didn't want Javan to be loud and cranky during the service at all. The girls got things together to put out the plate for Santa and the reindeer and when everything seemed just right they headed to bed. Peter had to be back at church at 10:15 so he left and I watched a movie while I waited for him to return. I was really sleepy and he didn't make it home until after 1:00am. I was pretty much asleep when he walked in. I was excited for tomorrow but I knew the kids would be up early and I really wanted some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home