&t The Taylor Family: BounceU

Friday, December 9

BounceU

A long time ago I went to a place that had rooms filled with different bounce houses. You pay a flat fee for an hour or so and then you just bounce away. Recently a friend told me about that same sort of place that was closer and had preschool play time. You pay $8 and then bounce away for an hour and a half and then have a little snack and drink. This sounded like something Javan would really enjoy and be able to get some energy out and get him out of the house. I asked my friend Rebecca if she would be interested in joining me since she has little ones at home too. I was excited to try this out especially since Peter and I were having our friends Joe and Jana over later and we like to put the kids to bed early. I got there just after they started the preschool bounce and there was only one other mom there with her two boys. All the children must be 5 and under so it was nice that there weren't any big kids that I had to be cautious of. The boys played really well together, rough and rowdy of course. Rebecca arrived a short while later with her two children and her mom, and good friend of mine, Valleta. There were some really cool bounce houses, some just for bouncing, some with HUGE slides, some for boxing (complete with big gloves) some for shooting, throwing balls, obstacles, and so on. Javan and I had a good time shooting each other in the one house that had air compressed guns that you load with small foam balls. I think my favorite was the huge slide though, it really took your breath away. When it was time we moved into the next room with even more bounce houses. There was one that was a big obstacle course where you had to climb, crawl, squeeze, and then climb some more to get to the end which was a big slide. That one was really fun but it sure was exhausting. I said to Beck and Valleta that the idea was for the kids to get worn out not us. I was so tired by the end of it all. Finally we went in for the little kid snack which they all ate quickly. We had a lot of fun and we plan to go back again after the holidays, maybe with more friends too. Once we left there we went over to the Wing House for some real food before heading back into town. Bresa had an appointment with a new doctor and we had to take her out of school early. Then we had dinner before having Jana and Joe over for some adult conversations and coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home