&t The Taylor Family: A day off

Monday, September 3

A day off

No school and no work means we need to find something fun to do. I looked up the movies at the cheap theater in Altamonte and asked Peter what he thought about me taking the kids. He said it sounded like a good plan and he would come along. I was surprised he didn't want to stay home and work in the quietness but I was happy he wanted to join us. I grabbed some loaves of bread from the pantry and when
we hit Altamonte we stopped at Crane's Roost Park. I use to take the girls here all the time when Peter worked at the camera store. We parked and walked along the boardwalk to a nice shady spot and started feeding the turtles and fish. There were all sorts of turtles and huge fish, about the size of Javan. The kids had a blast seeing them all swim around and splash each other over the bread we were throwing in. We even threw some bread into the air so the birds could catch it. We ran out of bread
after about 30 minutes and said good bye to the fish. It was about lunch time and the movie didn't start for another hour so we stopped at Five Guys for a bite to eat. The kids and I shared a hamburger (they are huge and we were planning on getting popcorn) and Peter got a nice full meal since he doesn't like popcorn. The children also had their fill of peanuts and then we were off to see Madagascar III. We got a tub of popcorn to share and filled our water cups before finding our seats. The movie
was funny but mostly silly and of course the children loved it. I had called my mom earlier in the day since she lives out that way and she told me she would meet us at the mall so we left the movies in search of Grandma. We didn't hang out long but the girls got to get some love and our little man was invited for a sleepover so we got him situated with the carseat and all and went our way. Before we hit traffic
again we stopped one more time for some ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. I don't know what the kids would say but I believe today was a very nice day out of the house and away from the normal school, house and typical job work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home