&t The Taylor Family: Las Vegas Trip: Visiting

Thursday, August 16

Las Vegas Trip: Visiting

After my appointment this morning which took us to the west side of Las Vegas Peter and I didn't really have anything else we wanted to see or do in town. It was still pretty early when we were through at the office so while we were eating breakfast I looked up the High School that was in the movie Pay It Forward.
It was just down the road from where we were so decided to head out to it just to see it in person. It was a nice school but we didn't spend anytime there. Just drove by and then on our way. We headed back toward the hotel but took the little streets and enjoyed seeing the neighborhoods and city life on the way. We had been checking out every Starbucks had seen to find a Las Vegas tumbler for Peter. He got a few in China and wanted to add to his supply with more from places we have been. Not a single Starbucks had one with the LV photo but only the plain ones you get anywhere. Every time we drove by
a Starbucks we would stop and run in but we had no luck whatsoever and we must have gone in at least 7 at this point. Peter wanted to drive down the strip so we found our way and started from the north end. The traffic wasn't near as bad at this time because most people were probably still sleeping when we were out. We made it back to our hotel and went to check out the pool. We walked around for a while but it was pretty hot and crowded so we decided we would hang out in our room. After a while we went down to hit the buffet for lunch. The food was pretty good and much better than a standard buffet
you'd find at home. It all seemed nice and fresh and there was a lot more variety from the standard fried everything that is usually on a buffet. The best food we found was the peeled shrimp as well as the steak. We ate until we were full and then topped off with dessert. I had been texting my friend Sharon (the mother of my first surro-babies, the triplets) who was in the area trying to get a plan together to see her. She had been having a busy day but invited us over to dinner later. With that plan set I got a hold of my Aunt Chris and we decided to meet at NYNY again where we could just chat and catch up. We found a table by the Starbucks (again no tumbler) and talked for about 2 hours. We talked about my cousins and my brothers
and sisters and Jerry was very intrigued by Peter's job since he is into woodworking himself. When we knew we had to get going we said good bye and took a picture before leaving. Peter and I rushed back to our hotel and then waited in the long line for valet for what seemed like forever. Finally we had our car so we drove towards Sharon's house and stopped to pick up some fruit and a cheesecake. We got there a little late but I was just happy we made it. We had an amazing time talking and catching up. I hadn't seen them for two years and the kids were all so big and perfectly well behaved. I loved talking to them and getting a little bit of love them too. Dinner was great and filling. Afterward we played a couple rounds of Mexican Train and went through photo albums of when the babies were just born. It was the first time I had ever seen them as babies since I never got to see them in the hospital after they were born. There were many times I was ready
to cry during our whole visit but somehow I pulled through without a tear. I am just so amazed at God's glory and how much He loves me and blesses me continuously. I hated that we had to leave but our plane is departing in the morning and we have to be up early to check out and get the car back before getting to the airport. We took some pictures and got lots of hugs and promised it wouldn't be another two years before we see each other again.
* I have photos of me with the triplet's family but I didn't ask if I could post them so I will just keep them for myself for now. In the last photo you can see our hotel on the farthest right of the frame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home