&t The Taylor Family: Decorating the Tree

Friday, November 30

Decorating the Tree

Usually we get the tree up and decorated the day after Thanksgiving but it was so early this year and Peter and I really weren't feeling it last week. This week we weren't really feeling it either but we knew it had to be
done. The girls were all excited, as usual, which I am very grateful for. I see it more as a chore but when they get all excited and really want to help put it all together it makes it a lot more enjoyable for me. Once Peter strung the lights up I told the girls they could start putting their ornaments on. They each have their own box of ornaments which makes it nice and easy for them to decorate without fighting each other.
I took out a few of Javan's for him to put up and he did the first few just like he should and then he really just wanted to play with them all. I can't blame him, they are very cute, colorful and some are noisy. He also like to hang all of his ornaments from the same limb so after he got distracted I hung up some of Daddy's and mine and then put the rest of Javan's up and did a little rearranging to fill in any holes and declutter an area. The tree is all pretty and lit and it's starting to give our house that Christmas feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home