&t The Taylor Family: It's a Boy!!

Wednesday, March 6

It's a Boy!!

I haven't really shared that I am pregnant with many people. Some close friends and family know because they have seen me through the process but for the most part I am letting people find out as they see my growing belly. Last year when Peter and I had to go to Las Vegas a couple times it was for this little baby. I am a surrogate again and I met an awesome couple in Texas that has been through the process of surrogacy once before which resulted in twin boys. They had frozen embryos left over from their first go around so they wanted to use those this time to add to their family. I had never done a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) before so this was a new experience for me. I had told the couple early on I only wanted to transfer one since I am prone to carrying multiples. They were happy to oblige since they already had a set of twins. On Nov. 5th we transferred just one embryo and the day we left for our cruise on the 15 I got confirmation that the embryo had taken and that I was officially pregnant. After three ultrasounds and weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) blood work I was released to my general OB/GYN’s care.
Today I am 22 weeks and had my routine ultrasound where the baby got measured and checked over and we got to find out that I have little boy in here. I wanted them to have a girl but they were ecstatic when they found out it was a boy. Being pregnant with just one little baby is almost like not being pregnant at all. Everything has been so smooth and simple this time around (not that I have a lot of drama normally) that sometimes I often forget that I am even pregnant until someone points it out to me. I am so excited to help this new family grow. I can’t wait to meet this little bean and see the excitement the parents get when they get to hold their new son for the first time. My due date is set for July 24th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home