&t The Taylor Family: Time to Move

Friday, March 15

Time to Move

This was a very long and stressful week. I was still working my normal hours and everyday I would head straight to the new house to try and get things in order for today. I wanted to get all the kitchen cabinets and drawers lined with contact paper and Peter was busy doing many miscellaneous things around the house. I was also still packing the old house up and moving things over. The girls were pretty good helpers with this. I can't lift too heavy things so Peter had to do some of that too. There were also a million appointments that we had to set and be available for. Things like alarm system quotes, fence quotes, security window tint, window treatments, plumbers, etc. Overall, this week was extremely draining and overwhelming. We weren't really sure where all the furniture was going but we figured if we got the little things out of the way it would make life a bit easier. This morning we had a meeting with Abbi's teacher to discuss Abbi's goals for the coming year (standard procedure for gifted students in grades 2 and 5). It went well and quick and then we met the movers at the old house. They went over a few things with us and then started packing up the truck. I had a doctor appointment in Daytona so I had to get going but Peter was at the house(s) to tell the guys where things needed to go. After my doctor appointment I got a text from Peter that said some of our blinds we ordered were ready so I swung by and picked those up (we had to custom order all our blinds because none of the 24 windows in the house were a common size). I met Peter at the new house with some lunch and got to see the progress made by the movers. They had moved all the furniture into the house but were going to go back after a lunch break to get the appliances and Peter's big tools in his shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home