&t The Taylor Family: Park Day

Sunday, June 30

Park Day

Our friend Mark
turned 40 this week so his wife organized a party for him at Gemini Springs. We had RSVP'd before I went on bed rest and I knew I could tell them that we couldn't make it if I didn't feel well but I figured the fresh air would do me good and I knew the kids would want to get out of the house. They had rented a pavilion right next to the covered playground and were cooking up hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch. We knew just about everyone who came because most of them go to our
church. Mark and Kelly are also the couple that is renting out our old house from us so we wanted to make sure they knew how appreciated they were. Peter and the girls played a couple games of Cornhole and then they threw around a ball or two. I just sat and watched and had some great conversations and enjoyed my time out of the house. We stayed through a storm that got the kids soaked (they liked it) and then a little longer before I said I needed to get home. It was a great break for usual routine and so nice to get to sit and talk with people I usually only see in passing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home