&t The Taylor Family: Time for some Vitamin D

Saturday, June 22

Time for some Vitamin D

After being in the house for just about the entire week I needed to get some sun. The kids packed up and we drove down the street to our friends neighborhood where they have a community pool. I met Jana there with her boys and us adults sat and talked and took in the nice day while the children swam and played away. I had brought a bunch of watermelon too so they were sure to keep hydrated. It was so nice to get some fresh air and sunlight. It was pretty hot but the pool water
was very refreshing too. After a couple hours when the storms started to come our way we headed home to dry up and change. For dinner I was craving Chinese Food which Peter never says no to, so he ordered and went out to pick it up. Peter and I have special chop sticks that we bought while we were in Hong Kong but we only bought a set for the the two of us. The girls always use the cheap wood ones that the restaurant supplies you with. We really didn't think they would be interested in adding more work to their dinner routine but after the last few chinese dinners they have gotten quite good at their technique. If we go back to China we have decided we will have to
buy the children each their own real sets too. Tonight I gave Javan a pair of chopsticks thinking he might stab his food or try a little bit and then use his fork I gave him but he was persistent and completed his entire meal with his chopsticks without even complaining a tiny bit. I was very impressed. I am pretty sure at 4 years old I would not have the patience to use chopsticks to eat my meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home