&t The Taylor Family: Tuesday-A day for Mom

Wednesday, December 13

Tuesday-A day for Mom

I had been planning a surprise for my mom for a long long time. Back in the 80s my mom use to go to a ceramic shop where you could paint your own pieces and then have it fired and take them home. She has a bunch of pieces for Halloween, Christmas, and Easter as well as a few others. Every year when she gets out her decorations she talks about how much fun it was to make them all and how she would love to do it again. All the pieces that she has now have been divided up among the five of us to have when we get older and have our own kids. Though she made many pieces, after you divide them by five I am not left with too many. I started going to local ceramic shops and looking for good pieces but I couldn't find any that I really liked. I extended my search to the internet where I went to dozens of unpainted ceramic sites before I finally found a few pieces I wanted. I made an order and waited and waited. I finally got a box by mail last month and it was all the wrong stuff. I called the company and they said they must have switched labels because it happened to some other guy too. They told me to keep what they had sent (lots of Christmas village buildings) and they would get my box right out to me. I waited another two weeks before I got the proper box and then told my mom to reserve a day because I had a surprise. When I finally got my mom to the place she was so excited because she had been going crazy trying to figure it out. I pulled out the four Halloween pieces I ordered and we started to paint them all up. We sat there for hours and I only finished one small piece while mom worked on one of the bigger ones. We had a great time but I was surprised at how much work it was, LOL. We will have to go back to finish the other pieces because we had to leave so we could get some Christmas shopping done. We really had a great time and my mom really enjoyed herself. I was so happy to finally be able to take her, it seemed like I had waited forever to go to the paint shop. I can pick up my one piece next Tuesday and I am excited to see how it will turn out, it is hard to say before it is fired up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home