&t The Taylor Family: I got dirt

Tuesday, July 17

I got dirt

UPS came by today gave me some dirt. Literally. I have been geocaching for a while and along the way I have told just about all my friends about it and a couple people have taken to the hobby as well. One of those friends is Rayna, a long time friend of Peter's. Well Rayna was in Oregon visiting family and getting a few caches while she was there. Just so happens that the very first geocache ever placed was located just minutes away from where she was staying. As any true cacher would, she had to make this find. While she was there she collected a baby jar of the soil for herself and also for me which I received today in the mail. I thought this was a great idea and now I have a piece of true geocaching history. I think it's really cute too how the baby jar is "organic" and so labeled as such. To read more about Rayna's adventures you can visit her blog on the right "The Nielson Family Blog." Thanks Rayna, Peter said it best "only a geocacher could appreciate a jar of dirt so much!"

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Rayna Nielsen said...

Everybody thought it was weird that I wanted to get somedirt to take home to a friend but I just told them if they were cachers they would understand.

Glad you like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home