&t The Taylor Family: So Sick

Sunday, July 27

So Sick

It started Sunday night last week when I told Peter my throat was hurting a little bit. I woke up at 2 AM on Monday with a pain so bad it woke me up. My tossing and turning woke up Peter who asked what he could do for me but being pregnant there isn't much help out there. Being as wonderful as he is, he got up and made me hot tea with honey and lemon and after drinking that down I did get back to sleep but not for too long. I woke up several times during the night and the next day I woke up and got ready for work. When I walked into the office I went to see my Sergeant and he told me to go home and take care of the baby. I didn't argue and went home to more hot tea, chicken soup, and lots of sleep. I got up enough strength to go to work Tuesday, I didn't want to take any more time off and I needed to make up the hours I missed so they didn't come out of the Comp Time I have been saving up for my maternity leave. I went home after my 8 hours on Tuesday and again on Wednesday. My throat was feeling better but I had the worst cold I have ever had. I had severe congestion and my sinus were so blocked my cheekbones hurt. I finished off the week with 10.5 hours OT-8 hours going to my missed day Monday and 2.5 hours to bank. I also finished my summer semester, finally!! SO glad that's over. I ended with a 97% so I was happy to keep my 4.0 GPA even though I felt like I was on my death bed. I went into work on Saturday planning to do an 8 hour time for my OT, but ended up going home after 5.5 having gotten almost nothing done. I went home and went to bed for 3 hours before getting up for dinner and then went back to bed until this morning. Got up and thought about sleeping through church but decided I wouldn't really get any more sleep and went to church with the family. Usually after lunch I start to feel better and I feel the best at night although I am still coughing. When I go to sleep and get up it starts all over again and the mornings are by far the worst. Hopefully this week long sickness is on it's way out and I can back to living normally, without constant pain and coughing. Lord knows I've gone through enough tissues this week to take out half a rain forest. Time for bed, we will see what the morning brings.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Smith Family said...

Chellee,

So sorry to hear that you are sick. Hope you feel better soon!

*hugs*
Love your sister,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home