&t The Taylor Family: *Not for the Squeamish

Thursday, June 24

*Not for the Squeamish

As I was driving home from work yesterday I smelled something unusual in the car. It didn’t smell bad just different. I thought perhaps I left something in the car that had food remnants on it but that is extremely unlike me so I didn’t give it much thought. This morning on my way to work I still noticed a faint smell but didn’t think about it too long. On my way home, however, when I turned on the AC I knew something wan't right. It definitely smelled like the beach with the oily air and dead fish fragrance. I got home and changed and was going to take the kids to the store when the smell was really bad and the AC made it worse. I popped the hood and looked in the engine and eventually saw what I could identify as a tail. Gross. I moved Oscar into the shade over the grass and Peter did what he could to remove what was left of this poor animal. It seems a cat must have crawled up in the engine and died there. I don’t know if the cat died naturally because he was sick (often times cats will go hide somewhere they have never been if they know they are going to die to be alone) or if my engine and fan had a part in it. I have never seen this cat before so I sure hope he wasn’t someone’s pet who had escaped. When Peter was working on removing the parts the smell was so very strong and because of the location of the body Peter had a very difficult time getting it out. He said the animal was no longer identifiable and he got as much as he could out of the engine but there was still more he couldn’t reach. He sprayed the engine with bleach and I got a couple air fresheners at the store. After Peter had hosed it all off the smell was pretty much gone from inside the car but you can still smell it when you walk up to Oscar. Hopefully in a couple days the smell will subside completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home