&t The Taylor Family: Add a little color to your life

Friday, June 18

Add a little color to your life

There is something about the kids getting out of school that makes me feel like I need to be more productive. I am not sure what it is, I still have to work everyday but each summer it seems I find projects to do or things around the house that just must be done. When I got home from work yesterday I decided the kitchen needed a little color. I went and bought paint and supplies and started painting the bay window. That took no time and since I already had the paint out I decided to paint the wall that that separates the kitchen from the rest of the house. Peter moved out the fridge so I could paint behind it and that just brought on more projects: cleaning the floor under the fridge, cleaning the back of the fridge, cleaning the sides of the fridge that are hidden when it is in place. It reminded me of the book, "If you give a Mouse a Cookie..." Anyhow once all that was done I went to bed and today when I got home I painted the baseboards and touched up any thing that needed it. The color in kitchen is actually pretty subtle. I don't really notice a difference when I walk in because it matches so well with everything else, that's pretty much what I was going for. I just wanted a little something to make the cabinets and counters pop and give the walls a little definition.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Angie said...

nice... i love the 'if you give a mouse a cookie' books

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Smith Family said...

Looks good, Chellee!!! And yes, I love those books too. We made "If you Give a Moose a Muffin" muffins last year. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home