&t The Taylor Family: Summer fun

Thursday, June 14

Summer fun

Well the summer has officially started (at least as far as the children are concerned). For the last couple of years I have rearranged my work schedule in the summertime so that I could have Wednesdays off instead of taking Fridays off. This helps break up Peter's work week and there are a lot specials that happen midweek that I can't take advantage of on Fridays. Today we decided to kick things off and get the children out of the house. My mom had taken Abbi for the week to celebrate her birthday some more so I just had Bresa and Javan today. I wanted to get them out of the house so they didn't feel like they were always cooped up and I also wanted to let Daddy have some piece and quiet and alone time to get some stuff worked on without all the distractions. I called up my friend Lisa and she met me at the house and then we drove with the kids (my two and her son) to the movie theater in Sanford where we saw the Smurf movie. It was pretty cute. After we got out we went to Wal-Mart down the way and got lunch at McDonald's and did a little shopping. The girls are having a pool party in a couple weeks so I got a jump on some decorations and toys we would need. Once we exhausted that store we drove back to Orange City and stopped at a park where the kids changed into their swim suits and played in the splash pad for a while. They had a good time cooling off in the water and Lisa and I sat in the shade and talked. Eventually they grew weary of the splash pad and wandered over to the playground where they ran around and got on the swings until they were just about dry. The clouds had started to roll in so we collected all our children and drove home. We weren't back 10 minutes before the rain started. Later, Reba came over for a visit and brought us pizza for dinner. We all ate and caught up which was very nice and relaxing after a long day of running around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home