&t The Taylor Family: Family Table

Wednesday, May 1

Family Table

My parents bought this table 2 years before I was born. It is the table that I used for every meal growing up. We had countless family dinners here and made a million memories. Lots of homework assignments and projects. Tons of games, puzzles, and conversations were had at this table.  When my mom moved to her current house she bought a new table and put this one aside.  Our last house was way too small to accommodate it and I thought it would probably go to another family member before we could ever use it.  When Peter and I moved to our new home we had lots more space and our tiny kitchen table we had used up to this point looked really small in our big eating area. Mom said she still had the large maple top table and I jumped at the chance to have it.  Even Peter remembered it from the days that we were dating. My mom brought the table
top over but couldn’t find the legs to it. She swore she didn’t throw them out but couldn’t find them in either of her attics. Peter and I had a couple errands to run in her direction so we stopped by the house and Peter searched both attics. He found them in the second and we all were happy to see them.  We took them home and it took a few days but Peter put the table together and I cleaned it off. I am really excited to now be sharing this table with our family so we can make new memories at our family dinners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home