&t The Taylor Family: Front Page News

Wednesday, August 28

Front Page News

Last week, my first week back, the Sanford Police Department decided to hold a Gun Buy Back in the community. Basically, we set up an event so that citizens can bring us their unwanted firearms and trade them in for a gift card to Wal-Mart or Target. I have worked several of these because I am in charge of all the guns once they are brought into the PD’s possession. It was a little tight with it being my first week back but I made sure I was a big part in this project because the more involved I am on the event side the
easier it is for me once we have all the weapons collected. I have had these buy backs happen in the past where I was not involved and it created days more work for me on the other side. This year, I specified exactly what I needed, picked my team to write up and enter the information and made sure all the supplies needed were ready. Things went extremely smooth on my end and we enjoyed a day out of the office and had great food provided by several local restaurants that donated food when they heard about the buy back. Of course, throughout the day we had several newspapers, news channels, and radio stations come by. Since I’m stationed at the latter part of the Buy Back I always seem to have my picture taken with the guns we’ve picked up. This article was on the front page of the Sanford Herald today. It was funny getting the message from my chief’s secretary asking me if I had seen myself. All in a day’s work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home