&t The Taylor Family: Visiting Mémère

Tuesday, April 1

Visiting Mémère

My work has decided to send me to a 40 hour Crime Scene Workshop here in Jacksonville. I am trying to positive about it but I really didn’t want to come. There was nothing that excited me about going so I am really having a hard time. I left Sunday night and found my absolutely disgusting hotel and then went to class yesterday. I don’t really know the area but I found a strip of shops afterward and walked around window shopping. I will be here until Friday and I already miss
Peter so much I am not sure I can make it. After class today I drove about 20 minutes to see my Grandmother, Mémère. She lives in a Veteran’s home not far from where I was so I knew I had to go see her. I don’t think I had been up there for a couple of years. I sent her pictures in the mail but when I got there she said she didn’t get them. I will have to send her more. She was happy to see me though I am not really sure she knew who I was. She is 92 now but still doing pretty well. I think she was just happy to have company and to show me all around. I stayed for an hour or so but then it was time for Bingo and I could tell she really wanted to play so I told her that I would get going. We said good bye and then I went to find some dinner before going back to my hotel room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home