&t The Taylor Family: Something magical

Monday, December 24

Something magical

You really haven't experienced Christmas until you have witnessed it through the eyes of a child. I always loved Christmas but until I had children that were old enough to understand I never truly experienced the magic of it all. A couple days ago Brye kept asking me how to spell words so I would tell her the letters and she would write them down. Turns out she was making lists for Santa. When she was all through she gathered up all her lists and put them in an envelope. She wrote Santa's name on it so the mailman would know where to take it and she closed the back with a sticker. We went to the post office and put it in the box so that Santa could get it before tonight.

Today we spent the day at Grandma's and after dinner Brye made some cookies and left some with milk out and we went to see the Christmas house that has a ton of lights and decorations. We stopped over and saw our friends Kent and Jake and after we had talked a while we remembered that we forgot the girls dresses at Grandma's house. I guess we will have to go back, so we got back in the car and went back to Grandma's. I was just going to make a quick run in but I figured Grandma would want to say good night again. So we all piled out of the car and went inside. Brye was shocked to see that Santa had already been there and there were presents everywhere. She ran to wake up Grandma and Papa who were already sleeping from the busy day and told them that Santa had already come! Everyone got up and we had a great time opening presents. We weren't sure if Santa had come to our house or not and after we drove home we saw that he had not. Daddy figured out that it must be because we hadn't left any cookies or milk out for him so Brye and I got that together right away. The girls were so tired and Brye said, "well, I should go to bed now" and off she went. It wasn't long after that that I heard some noises and when I came out I saw that Santa had come very quietly and eaten the cookies and drank the milk and the left the girls lots of presents. I decided not to wake them and wait until they woke me tomorrow morning. I'm not sure but I think Lucy may have gotten into one of her presents because she was going crazy and wouldn't leave the bows on the packages alone, in fact she stole one completely by running off with it.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Smith Family said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Hope you have a wonderful day today! We just got finished opening our presents. It was so much fun watching Tyler get excited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home