&t The Taylor Family: Nope, not yet

Monday, January 12

Nope, not yet

I had my usual doctor appointment today to make sure everything was still going alright. The baby's heartbeat was in the 140s and as strong as ever and my blood pressure and measurements were all good. I did some research and found out that it is possible to undilate so I fully expected that I would have gone down to 2cm by now. However, when the midwife checked me she said that the baby is still head down with the back towards my left side; the perfect birthing position. Also, she said the head was very very low and she wasn't sure what this baby was waiting for. She checked my dilation of course and while she was checking me I went from 4cm to 5cm. That doesn't mean I will stay 5 cm but it is still progress. I continue to have my normal contractions about every five minutes but they still aren't gaining in strength. If I keep this up and dilate to 10cm without any pain than I really can't complain, this is the easiest labor ever; I really don't expect that to happen though. If nothing happens before then, we have another appointment this Thursday. I am of course hoping that I will get to meet my new son or daughter by then but we can only wait to find out what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home