&t The Taylor Family: Winter Wonderland

Monday, January 11

Winter Wonderland

We had cold temperatures the last few days and I must say, "I love it!" It so rare that we get any kind of winter here in FL so when we do get a taste of what the north experiences I am very excited. This is not to say that I don't get cold, because I do, just to say that I would be happier living somewhere other than FL the majority of the year. Although we have been leaving our facet dripping overnight our pipes still froze the last two nights (the joys of being a well owner). It's not that big of a deal, mostly just an inconvenience. They thaw out in a couple hours and then we are back to normal (good thing I take my showers at night). Yesterday we were driving home from the hospital and passed by an Orange City park that had their fountains flowing over night and had gathered much ice and icicles. We decided to stop and show Abbi (that's what we told her but really it was for me just as much) and take a couple pictures. Abbi couldn't get over the icicles and had blast touching it to make sure it was real. It reminded me of when I was little and our neighbors used to leave their sprinklers on over night to get this same effect. If I didn't care so much about my plants I would probably do the same thing, hey at least then my pipes wouldn't freeze right? In the morning when we were headed out we had a lot of frost on the cars too. Even though the sun was already on them they were covered and it almost looked liked it had snowed (again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home