&t The Taylor Family: Completely Unexpected

Tuesday, March 23

Completely Unexpected

For the second year in a row Peter has totally surprised me. We were at home around 5:00 and I was just relaxing in my sweats and t-shirt thinking about starting dinner when Peter came over and said, "Okay, you have an hour. Go get ready." I was thoroughly confused by this so I asked him what he was talking about. He repeated his previous comment and then added, "I'm taking you to dinner. I will make the kids something; my dad is on his way to watch them." Even with the extra information I still didn't understand because I knew that Peter had Worship Team practice at church tonight so I was thinking we were going to go out for something quick like Chik-Fil-A, but when I asked him where we were going he told me The Melting Pot, apparently he was skipping practice this week. As you should know, The Melting Pot is my favorite place to go (other than Bill and Lisa's house) and we hadn't been since last year for my birthday so I was very excited that we were returning. I got showered and dressed and Mike came to watch the kids and Peter and I headed out. Dinner was delicious, we did each of the four courses and were extremely full when we left. I wanted to take a picture of the food or at least of the dessert but I was too excited about eating it so I only remembered once everything was gone. :) We tried a new chocolate fondue this time called Bananas Foster. It was delicious but it's hard to go wrong with chocolate. I don't know how Peter managed to surprise me, I am usually on to his plans or I make him feel so guilty about not doing anything that he spills the beans ahead of time. Not that I don't like surprises, I just usually have it all figured out before they happen. Anyhow, I have the best husband there is and even if he never surprised me again I would be content to just live the rest of my life in his arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home