&t The Taylor Family: On our way...

Sunday, November 21

On our way...

Peter and I decided last week to go up to Virginia to see my oldest brother and his family for Thanksgiving. It was quite a last minute decision so there wasn't a whole lot of planning or anticipation with it. After church I took the kids home and fed them and loaded the car while Peter finished playing the opening for the second service. When Peter got home we were all ready to go so we strapped in the kids and off we went. We were off to a good start and there wasn't much traffic on the roads. We assumed everyone had either left on Friday or they weren't leaving until Wednesday. When we got into Georgia I called my friend Brenda who was driving home from SC where she and her husband had spent the weekend. When I called they were just pulling off at an exit we were coming up on so we stopped to fuel up too. It was cool to see them in GA in passing. We talked for a little bit and then prayed together before we each headed in our opposite directions. Peter and I knew we weren't going to make it to VA in one day since we left in the afternoon so we called up our friends, Robert and Jackie, who live in NC to see if we could stop there. They were excited that we would be coming by so we drove until we reached their house. When we got there we chatted a bit and then I put the kids down. Eventually the rest of us went to bed for the night too. This picture is one we took in SC at a rest stop, I just liked the pretty leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home