&t The Taylor Family: New Year's Eve

Friday, December 31

New Year's Eve

Well, we had planned to be in NC for the New Year but after those plans fell through we had to come up with something new to do. Our friends, Lisa and Bill, had talked about going up to St. Augustine and staying the night without any children to celebrate. After I talked to my mom about watching the children Bill and Lisa booked us a room in the same hotel as them using their hotel points (Bill's a truck driver so he has A LOT of points). We all got tickets to a dinner party at the White Room which is in the historic part of St. Augustine. The tickets included hor'dourves, salad, a dinner buffet, and a few drinks. All served to us on the roof of the restaurant where we could watch the fireworks and dance to the DJ. The tables sat 10 so we got to meet 6 new people over dinner which was fun and interesting. After we checked into the hotel and did a little outlet shopping we went down to the shops in the historic area and walked around before dinner. When it was 7:00 it was time to go up and we found our table and started enjoying the food and drinks. The food was really good and I couldn't get enough of the stuffed mushrooms or bacon wrapped scallops. Peter and I aren't really into drinking so after we used the drink tickets that came with the package we didn't spend any more money on drinks. As the count down approached we were ready to go back to the hotel. Something about a bunch of drunk people making fools of themselves just doesn't do it for us. We stayed until after midnight of course but mostly for Bill and Lisa's sake, we didn't want to ruin their fun. We had a really good time though and it was quite the experience. Peter and I usually stay close to home for New Year's and maybe go to a friends house nearby but we are usually back home before the count down. It was really cool to get dressed up and eat on the roof of somewhere new and hear the music and see the fireworks unobstructed, however, I think next year we will stay home and celebrate with the kids. ;)

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New year !!! To my beautiful children. I am so proud of you both.It will be a great year I am sure,just because I have you.God has truly blessed me with all my children
whom are all adults with their own beautiful children,(My Grandchildren) I just love to see you so much in love and enjoying your journey.
2011,Love,Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home