&t The Taylor Family: Officially Beginning

Sunday, August 7

Officially Beginning

Well it's our first day of our beach vacation so what better way to start than to head to the beach. With three kids and three adults the supplies needed isn't very light. Because Peter burns so easily we invested in a large canopy that has already paid for itself at the garage sale last week. We also brought along our wagon so we didn't have to carry as much but could just pull our things along, including children when necessary. After a breakfast of Sam's big muffins we gathered our things and packed the cooler and walked out to the beach. It was about 9:30 or so when we got there so there weren't many other people about just yet. We set up our space and sprayed everyone down with sun screen and then let the fun begin. The kids wanted to go to the water right away so Grandma and I took them out while Peter read under the shade. The girls played in the surf with their little body boards Grandma had brought them and Javan just played at the very edge of the water with his bucket. After some time I talked the girls into going back up to the sand to start their sand castle. I took a little break but before long I was working on digging a big hole in an attempt to hit water. Grandma went a little closer to the water to do the same but got sidetracked and started building a trench. The girls worked on a "dribble castle" and Javan just shoveled dirt and water to and from his bucket. I worked and worked on my hole and it took a bit but I finally hit water. By the time I got there the hole was so deep I had to lay on the sand and could barely touch the bottom of the hole with my shovel. I worked on widening it a bit and the girls were all excited that they could see water down there. After the hole was a bit wider I put Javan in it just to get a picture. From the other side of the dirt mound you couldn't even see his head when he was standing up. I thought he would fight me on getting in the hole but he had no complaints and didn't want to get out after the picture was taken. I let him play in there and us adults moved the canopy over him so he could be in the shade. I took the girls back to the water, I sure needed a good rinse and after a little bit Javan and Peter joined us too. We played some more but then I mentioned lunch and everyone was back at the canopy in no time. The kids had Lunchables and the rest of us had tunafish on crescents with chips and fruit. After lunch I sat and read a little bit while the kids played in the sand again. We got out the kites that we had picked up for the kids and even Javan got to fly his (Lightning McQueen of course). Peter was ready to get going so after a few more quick pictures we tore down and loaded up. We dropped our stuff off at the condo and headed over to the complex's pool. We rinsed off in the shower before getting in and only stayed 10 or 15 minutes but it was enough to get all the sandy and salty feel off of us. After cleaning ourselves up at the condo we put a movie on for the kids and Peter and I went to the cabana where we could get internet access and look a few things up . When we returned, the movie was just about over so, we decided to head to the library and get a few books and movies and then off to Wal-mart for few more last minute things (including a nice digging shovel for my next water hole). Back at the condo we had hoagies for dinner followed by Strawberry shortcake that mom prepared. Peter read the kids a couple chapters out of the Narnia book and then it was off to bed for the little ones. We stayed up and watched a movie Peter got at the library but I fell asleep shortly after it began and apparently mom followed thereafter. All this fun is just too exhausting for us I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home