&t The Taylor Family: Pumpkin Carving and Festival

Friday, October 28

Pumpkin Carving and Festival

We had picked up a couple pumpkins last weekend but everyday this week was filled with something after work and school and our first chance to carve them was this evening. When I got home from my doctor's appointment and had a moment to rest I asked the girls if they wanted to do the pumpkins. Of course they said yes so I woke up little man from his nap so he wouldn't miss out on the fun. We got everything together and I cut the tops off all the melons so they could get cleaned out. Bresa asked if we could cook the seeds to which I agreed. Both she and Abbi did a good job of separating the seeds from the pulp and cleaning out the all the goo from the pumpkins. I worked on Javan's and the entire time he made sure that I knew it was his. He tried to help a bit and did a little of the seed separating too but he was quickly distracted by just about everything else. After the pumpkins were clean we went in the house to figure out what type of design we wanted for them all. The girls drew their pictures and Peter printed a cool Lightning McQueen template for Javan's. I started with Javan's but Peter took over for me so I carved our Abbi's. Bresa had a hard time drawing her design she had chosen on the pumpkin itself but eventually she finished it up and I carved it out. It was too early to light them and we didn't have any candles anyhow so we quickly cleaned all up and then we drove down the road to local church which was having a festival. We brought canned goods for admission and then had a hot dog dinner and did some crafts. Peter had to meet a client at the house so he took off for a little bit but the kids and I hung around to have some fun. When it was time I gave the children their Halloween bags and we went through the parking lot Trunk-or-Treating. They got all sorts of yummy candy and they got to pet a horse on the way. When we had hit every car we went back in for a couple more crafts and then grabbed a cupcake for dessert. Daddy came back just as we were finishing up so we headed to the store to grab a couple things and then went home to light our pumpkins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home