&t The Taylor Family: What to do on a Rainy Day

Saturday, October 8

What to do on a Rainy Day

I had planned on taking the kids to a Fall Festival that a local church was having but the weather for the day called for rain with no end in sight. Peter had to be at our church to judge Worship Team Auditions so it was just me and kiddos for the better part of the day. We knew the farmers market was out but we still had to go to the grocery store so we all got ready and headed out in the rain to do our shopping. I was hoping we could make it in the out of the store during the very little windows of dryness but no such luck. We all got wet but we also got food so we accomplished our goal. When we got home and put everything away it was lunch time and I had picked up a special treat for me and the girls; sushi (cooked of course, no raw fish for these babies I am growing). Since I had really wanted to get the kids outside today I decided we should have a nice outdoor picnic. Sure the weather was not the prettiest but I have always enjoyed the rain so I set up a little eating area on the front porch, under cover, and we ate our food while enjoying the sound of the rain fall. Abbi decided she didn't like sushi but was a good sport about it. Javan ate his normal PB&J and Bresa decided she liked the crab out of the sushi but not the rice (so really she didn't like the sushi either). I had gotten a Hawaiian Roll for myself and was happy with my selection. After we all ate our meals the kids went and played in the rain with their umbrellas. The girls each had their own umbrellas but Javan doesn't have one so I let him use mine which he thought was hilarious. It is rare that we have rain storms without thunder and lightning so I wanted the kids to take advantage of this occurrence. Once we were back inside and Javan was down for his nap (which he actually took) the girls worked on cleaning their rooms so they could help me make cookies. Bresa decided that was not enough incentive so while she continued to "clean" Abbi and I started baking. Abbi did a great job and in the end we had a couple dozen peanut-butter oatmeal chocolate chip coconut cookies. Just as they finished baking Daddy came home and we cleaned up the house a little bit while the rain still came down outside. This evening my brother, Brian, and his girlfriend, Rachael, are coming over for dinner and to just hang out. I hope the rain doesn't make their ride out here difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home