&t The Taylor Family: Last Beach Day

Saturday, October 1

Last Beach Day

Our friends, Machelle and Larry, have been trying to arrange a beach day for all of us to go out with the kids and have some fun. We had scheduled this trip a couple times but for this reason or another we had to move the dates further and further back. Finally we made the date and it stuck but wouldn't you know it was the first cool day (you know under 90 degrees) we have had since March. It didn't matter though we were determined to go. So after some morning work and errands with some house cleaning things we headed out to Ormond Beach to meet up with our friends. They have three boys (I don't know Machelle does it) that are all the same ages as our kids. Machelle and Larry have a time share in Ormond and although they didn't have the room right now they do have access to the pool and beach year round. We got to the beach and it was really windy. I had brought my suit but figured I wouldn't be into swimming and I was glad that I had made that decision when I felt the wind and the cooler air. After the kids played in the ocean a bit they came up and played in the sand for a little while. The ocean water was pretty warm but once they came out of it all the kids were freezing. After a bit of sand playing they wanted to go up to the pool. The adults cleaned up the chairs and such as the kids rinsed off and jumped in the pool. There was a nice hot tub too but I can't enjoy that with the babies I am growing so I just sat at the edge and put my feet in. The kids played in the pool a long while but eventually everyone ended up in the hot tub. We had a good time with Machelle and Larry and were grateful we all got to hang out even if the weather wasn't totally beach appropriate. We even made it home with no sun burn! After we got home, my mom was over and was spending the night again so she was closer for church in the morning. Peter and I dropped off the kids with her and made them a quick dinner and than he and I went to Five Guys to enjoy a nice simple date with no children. After we were filled with burgers and fries we went to our friend's Kathy and Jay's house for a board game party they were having. We hadn't planned on going since we knew we were doing the beach thing and possibly a date but it was still early so we stopped in. After all whole days events I was ready for bed by the time we got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home