&t The Taylor Family: Secret of the Wings

Saturday, October 13

Secret of the Wings

My friend, Angella, sent me an email about a special promo she was given because of her work at the Orlando Science Center. She was given a special code to get tickets to an early premier of the new Tinker Bell movie, Secret of the Wings. She sent me the code because she knows I have two little girls in love with Tinker Bell. I went on the site and it said you could get two free passes for the show at Downtown Disney. Well I have two girls so I signed my mom up too so
that her and I could take both the girls. I didn't tell the girls what we were doing, just that we were going to Downtown Disney to do something really special. We left pretty early this morning to make sure we got there before they said they had filled the theater. We arrived a lot earlier than we thought we were going to so after seeing there was only one person in line and speaking to her for just a moment we decided we would walk around and come back. None of the stores were open yet but it was fun to look in the windows and have the entire place to ourselves. After walking all the way to the end we turned around and came back. When
we got to the theater there were quite a few people in line. We started to head to the back of the line but the lady in front said, "Oh no, you were here you get behind me." Nice, we took our spot and waited about 30 minutes until they let us in. The girls still didn't know what was happening just that we were going to watch a movie. They took us to our theater and we found some great seats and got a couple posters for the girls. I left and got us some popcorn and drinks and then came back in time for the movie. There were no previews or commercials which was a wonderful change to our usual movie trips. The movie was pretty cute and I was impressed with how clever it was. I have never seen a Tinker Bell movie before and had pretty low expectations but I know the girls LOVE Tinker Bell and all her movies. When we left the theater we explained to the girls that the movie doesn't actually come
out until October 23rd and we got to see a special premier of it. We told them that no one else has seen that movie unless they were in that same theater (not totally true because I know there was a premier in Miami too). I think they felt pretty special after that. We didn't have any more plans for the day so we decided to take the ferry boat to the other side of the boardwalk and walk back. We had all brought our trading pins so we found lots of cast members to trade with and looked at the news ones for sale.
I bought Javan a fireman Mickey since he missed the fun. We went in all the stores since they were open now and then took another ferry to one of the resorts so we could get some lunch. After a little more walking around and a little shopping we decided to call it a day and head home. We dropped mom off at her house on the way back and then got back home around 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home