&t The Taylor Family: Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 12

Happy Mother's Day!

Peter had to play on the Worship Team at church today so I let the girls go to both services (they always want to) and after the first service I took Javan with me to Lowe’s and then home. When Peter came home after the second service we took a quick trip to Firehouse Subs for lunch and then went back home. Our plumber was stopping by to do some quick work so we ate at home and I opened my presents. The kids got me some cool tools for the kitchen and Peter bought me a new Dyson Digital Slim Vacuum that will be perfect for all the tile floors we have in the new house. I had wanted one since we moved but they are pretty expensive so I never officially asked for one. I am very excited about it! I have an upright Dyson that I got years ago from my Dad and Judy and I still love that thing, I also have a hand held Dyson that Peter bought me on another Mother’s Day a few years ago that works great but you can’t use it for a really large surface like I need this new one for. I know, I’m a bit weird, being super excited about receiving vacuums for presents but I am very practical person. Around 2:30 I told the kids to all go get swimsuits on and Peter and I started packing up a few minor things for the beach. We like to go in the late afternoon when the sun isn’t so hot and the beaches are clearing out of all the crowds. Just after 3 we left for New Smyrna (our favorite beach) and got there just before 4. Our friends Bill and Brenda were staying at a condo on the beach so we went to their complex and used the beachfront by them. The kids played and swam and ran around a lot. Peter and I just sat around and watched them and then Brenda met us and we talked for a while. After an hour or so we moved the kids to the condo pool where they played and swam some more. Javan liked the little pool and it was nice to not have to be paranoid about him drowning or slipping off the big pools steps. Lastly all the kids went to the “cooler” hot tub and sat in there for 15 minutes until we told them to get out. We went up to the condo and ate dinner with Brenda and Bill and then packed up all the kids and headed back home. Overall it was a nice and relaxing day. The kids got to have a lot of fun and get worn out a bit and I got to enjoy some peace and beautiful weather outdoors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home