&t The Taylor Family: American Girls

Saturday, July 27

American Girls

When I was younger my sister and I really enjoyed playing with American Dolls. They were a catalogue order doll that were pretty expensive. I remember getting the catalogues and going through each page to pick out what accessories I would be asking for next. Each doll was from a different period in history
and came with a story book about their lives in that period. I had three dolls from when I was a child and I had shown them to the girls a couple times. I tried to give them to them once but they proved too young to take care of them so after a couple more years I decided to try again. The girls were all excited to see the dolls again and I told them they could play with them so long as they took care of them. I stressed how expensive they were and I showed them how everything they had was still in brand new condition because I always took care of them when I was younger. The girls took the dolls up to their room and played with them for a long time. I am really happy that they are enjoying them so much. I hated that the dolls were just sitting in their boxes without being played with but I had to make sure the girls were mature enough to take care of them so that they wouldn't be destroyed after I held on to them for so long. So far it looks like they are giving them a lot of love and being very mindful of how to take care of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home