&t The Taylor Family: A Week Late but still a Celebration

Tuesday, July 23

A Week Late but still a Celebration

Our house guests left this morning to fly home to Texas. I said good bye to my sweet surro-baby and then we had the house back to ourselves. Since the baby came on Bresa's Birthday we didn't get to celebrate like we had planned previously. Today, asked her what she wanted to do and she wanted to go do a little shopping. I asked her if she wanted her brother and sister to join us be she said no so the two of us headed out. First we went to Oodle's where I gave Bresa $20 and let her pick out any clothes she wanted (so long as I approved). She found some really cute tops and a really pretty long skirt. I found some shorts on clearance that were her size so I added those to her pile. When we were through there we headed to the book store where she found 5 books she wanted to buy. She had received a gift card for her birthday so we used that up. I asked what she wanted to do next and she said she wanted to go to Good Will. Sometimes I have to wonder where Bresa came from, we don't seem to have much in common and one of those things is she LOVES stuff. I, on the other hand, am probably the least materialistic person you will ever meet. I hate having clutter and things that have no practical use. I always say, "If I can't use it, I don't want it". However, Bresa is the complete opposite. She wants everything and, to her, everything has value. She hates to get rid of anything and even pieces of trash are hard for her to part with. I made the mistake of taking the kids to the new Good Will store a couple weeks ago while I was in search of a cheap small shelf to put in one of the bathrooms. Right away Bresa fell in love with the store. She wanted to touch everything and when we left she said that the store was awesome and
her new favorite place to go. Oye. Anyhow, we drove over to Good Will today and Bresa took her time looking at all the items. She admired some ceramic flower things (dust collectors in my opinion) but after saying how pretty they were she moved on. I didn't give her an amount to spend this time I was more curious as to what she would be interested in buying. After searching all the shelves she asked for a small TinkerBell art kit that has colored pencils and markers in it, two Barbie Dolls, and a new pair of pool goggles. All of these things were practical in my mind so I had no problem purchasing them for her. So long as I know she will use them I really don't mind spending money. It's the things that just sit on the shelf with no purpose that annoy me.
When we left it was about lunch time so I asked what she wanted to eat. She thought for a while and then said Wendy's so on the way home we picked up lunch for everyone. After eating Bresa asked if she could make one of the crystals from a crystal growing kit she had gotten a while ago. She had made a couple in the passed but she can't do it alone so either Peter or I have to be available to help her. I told her to get out the box and see what she wanted to make. It took a while and made a mess but eventually she ended up with a bag full of crystals. Later, when it was time for dinner, Bresa decided she wanted to go to China Buffet. Peter and I discussed the cost and looked at other options but ultimately we loaded up the kids and went to China Buffet. The kids ate a bunch and got dessert and then we headed home where we watched a movie as a family before it was time for bed. Happy 10th Birthday Bresa-Brye! We love you very much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home