&t The Taylor Family: Cow Appreciation Day 2013

Friday, July 12

Cow Appreciation Day 2013

It's time for free Chick Fil-a again, we just had to dress up as cows to get it. Every year we procrastinate and wait until the day of the event to make some shoddy cow costumes to score a free meal but this year I decided we would do a better job and keep our hard work to use again next year. I bought a 5 pack of men's large undershirts and a couple bottles of black fabric paint and on Wednesday the children and I started working on our shirts. We had a good time but the girls got a little burnt out on the project after only a few minutes. Bresa gets frustrated because she wants hers perfect and thinks mine looks so much better. I try to tell her that it all comes with practice and experience but
she never likes that answer. Abbi was a bit more diligent and paid closer attention to detail instead of just trying to hurry through it to get it done. I did Javan's too, he told me where to put all the spots and then I worked to fill in his empty canvas. We had to allow 4 hours of dry time so we set them out on the floor. I finished up Javan's that night by making the back with a big "J" cow spot on it and the girl's finished theirs yesterday. Peter was supposed to make his own but he has been busy working and fixing a few things around the house so I decided to help him out earlier today. I got a little creative with his shirt and it
turned out really good and he got a lot of compliments on it at Chick Fil-a. We dressed up as cows and headed out for free food. Totally worth it! The children each got full kids meals and Peter and I picked our choice of value meals and upgraded them to large and all for free. After the children finished eating they ran off to play on the playground for a bit and eventually we headed home. I am going to wash the shirts and put them somewhere safe so that next year they are all ready for us. Maybe next year we will work on some ears that we can reuse each year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home