&t The Taylor Family: Shrinky Dinks

Tuesday, July 2

Shrinky Dinks

The girls got a Shrinky Dink Machine for their birthday. I was all excited when I saw it but they just kind of looked at it oddly because they had no idea what it was for. I told them all about how I had Shrinky-Dinks when I was a child and how Aunt
Janell and I would make them had a great time. Of course, when we were little we had to bake them in the oven to get them to shrink. Today the girls asked if they could try it and I was excited to see it in action so I told them sure.
They got out the box and we read through the directions and then all three of the children started working on their pictures to shrink. The girls worked hard to trace their images and I traced the one Javan wanted and then they all colored them. I even let them use my Prisma Colors which I have never done before.
They are really high quality colored pencils that cost a lot of money. I used to use them for my photography work and have had this particular set since high school. The girls made sure to be very careful
with the Prisma Colors because I stressed how expensive they were. When they were through coloring they cut out their pictures and then one at a time we cooked them in the machine and the children each watched theirs shrink up.
They couldn't believe how small they got in comparison to how much bigger they started at. They each did two pictures and then I told them to put it away. They could have easily used the entire pack of transparency sheets if I had let them. I will have to go online to see about ordering refills so they can use it more than just a couple of times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home