&t The Taylor Family: Time off

Wednesday, November 27

Time off

In the past we I have always been given the day of Thanksgiving and the following Friday off from work with holiday pay. This year City Hall decided to change things because they are not open on Fridays so they see a point in paying any employees for a day they aren't working anyhow. That makes sense except
that not all divisions within the city are closed on Fridays so for the rest of us we were expected to have Thanksgiving off and then return to work Friday and then have our weekend. I asked my sergeant if I could work the extra time Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so that I could flex my time on Friday and have a 4 day weekend. She didn't care and my co-worker had time to flex for some callouts so he was taking off too. We have a Community Service Officer who is filling in until we are back up to full staff with our Crime Scene Techs and she was still going to come in on Friday so that someone was there in case anyone needed anything. She did go home early on Wednesday to give her a little bit more of a break so the rest of us (we have an intern) decided to decorate our white board to hopefully bring her a smile on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home