&t The Taylor Family: St. Nick's Night

Friday, December 22

St. Nick's Night

When I was younger we always celebrated St. Nick's Night. It is actually a German tradition and somehow my mom got into it. I don't know if her family celebrated or not but I am glad that she passed it down to us kids. What you do is place one shoe outside on the front porch and in the morning you find a present from St. Nick! Sometimes we would get little ornaments for the tree or maybe a piece of chocolate to eat. This year I wanted to start the tradition with Brye since she is old enough to understand and remember. Before bed we put our shoes outside and tomorrow morning we will see if there is a surprise waiting for us. I think that St. Nick's Night is suppose to be on December 6th but I kept forgetting or the kids would be asleep already so tonight I finally remembered, hopefully next year I will do better.


We had a great night tonight. We went over to our friends Chris' and Kim's house for a Christmas dinner. We enjoyed a great meal and talked while the kids played with all the Christmas decorations and their many presents that the Peters' family got for them. Thanks Kim for the great meal. We always enjoy coming over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home