&t The Taylor Family: Amnio Update

Tuesday, March 13

Amnio Update

Wonderful wonderful news! I had a dr's appointment set for tomorrow but they called and wanted me to come in sooner because my normal Dr was going to be out of town for the next few days. When I went they told me right away that the results from the Amnio all came back normal for each baby. They will get a more in depth result sheet later but they said that it is very rare for them to get that back with descripencies when the initial report is normal. Next they pretty much just checked to see how things were developing after the amniocentesis last week. They checked the fluid levels and did a doppler on all the babies heartbeats. They will wait to do measurements in two weeks. Anyhow...Everything looks great!!! We were so surprised at the vast difference that we saw. Baby A's fluid had gone up some more and B's had actually come down a bit. The Doppler in A showed a couple episodes where the bloodflow was cut off during the heartbeat but overall she looked good. My dr said he was going to call the clinic in Tampa (though I don't know if he will because he said that last week too and didn't) and see if they still wanted to see me or wait things out. I have another appointment next week for the same type of exam to make sure everything is still going well. I was so relieved when I saw everything on the screen, I really didn't expect everything to just fix itself after last weeks visit. Just shows you that God can do anything! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they really went a long way. The dr said the clinic probably won't want to see me unless things change again and looking at the fluids this week I shouldn't need the amnio every week. Thank God!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they went a long way!
The pictures posted are the pictures of twins from today. They did a 3D ultrasound and it was really cool. I had never had that done before. The left is A the right is B (both girls, identical twins) on A you can see something across her forhead, that's B's leg and foot, A is also sucking her left thumb. It was so funny to try and make everything out with so many arms and legs floating around. LOL

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a relief to learn about the big turn around. Hopefully things will go smoothly from here on out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home