&t The Taylor Family: Bye Steve!!

Sunday, September 9

Bye Steve!!

I got a phone call on Friday from my brother Steve. He said "I will be at the Winter Park train station at 10 AM tomorrow" I said "I'll be there!" Unfortunately Steve's train was 6 hours late on Saturday but I was still there to pick him up and take him to Mom's house. We hung out all night and then I came back today to see him again before he had to leave. Steve just finished a two week Basic Training in SC where they trained him for combat fighting. Tomorrow Steve leaves for Iraq. My mom and Peter and I took him to the train station today where we had to say our final good byes. Before he took off we walked down the rail a little bit and Steve put pennies on the tracks for the girls. He told them about how the train would come by and flatten them after he left. It was really sad to say Good Bye and we will pray everyday for his safe return. I thank you also for praying for him during this time. I will keep everyone updated as I learn anything new. The pics are of us at the station and then Steve putting the pennies down and the girls holding them after the train headed up North.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Smith Family said...

Oh how I wish we could have been there too! Today is going to be very difficult saying goodbye to Steve on the phone where I can't hug and kiss him. Please please pray everyday for his safe return home. Thank you Chellee for taking the photos!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chellee,
I'm so glad you all got to spend time with Steve before he left. I'm sure it made him feel good too. We still don't have word on Paul going. Hopefully we will hear by the end of next month. Hi to everyone. Aunt Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home