&t The Taylor Family: A Fun and Busy Day

Saturday, April 19

A Fun and Busy Day

This morning I woke up (a bit late) and got the girls dressed and we headed over to the Little Econ River for a caching CITO event at 8:00 AM. With school and work eating up all my time I have really been neglecting the caching thing, so it was great to have a reason to get out again. The girls helped me clean and together we gathered a nice 3 50 gallon garbage bags of trash. Over all the 20 or so cachers probably gathered a good 50+ bags. After the clean up we had a nice BBQ and swapped some stories as usual. Around 1PM we all loaded back into the car and headed up to Sanford for their Annual Spring Fest Celebration. My Sergeant was taking part in it and was all dressed up in Colonial garb so I took the girls to go see him and then we wandered around the booths for a little bit. The girls had a blast dancing and shaking music instruments with the band and then they helped make a chair at the next booth. They had a great time but I was ready to head home. One of Peter's customers had invited him to a BYOG (bring your own guitar) party and at first he was going to go without me. My mom called me and asked if she could take the girls for the night and I had finished my research paper early so I figured I would go along with Peter. I didn't really expect to have much fun because I didn't know anyone and I tend to be a bit shy in those situations but when we first got there I met a lady (whose husband invited Peter) and she was a believer and we hit it off right from the start. She reminded me a lot of a really great friend of mine who moved away and miss terribly so it was so nice to be able to talk to her. Peter and I got to the party at about 7PM and we ended up staying until 2AM. We had a really great time and I made some really wonderful friends that I can't wait to see again. It was a very busy day but I got to spend time with my babies and my husband and meet some great believers too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home