&t The Taylor Family: Party Time

Sunday, January 17

Party Time

After church this afternoon we had a small party for Javan's first birthday. It was just a little thing so people could stop by and see Javan and have some cake. I really wasn't into the huge party thing and I knew Javan wouldn't remember so I it was nice to have just a small and short gathering. I had requested people not bring toys and rather bring diapers if anything. That worked out great since Javan has all the toys from the girls before him plus more that people give to us from time to time. The diapers we received should last us a couple months and are greatly appreciated! Our friend Brenda made the cakes for the party. She made a big chocolate one for all the guests and then a smaller white cake for Javan. We had discussed the decorations being either wheels (like on a car) or guitars. Javan loves wheels but Brenda tried a few different things and couldn't get it the way she wanted so she went with the guitar theme instead. Both of the cakes looked awesome, she even died dry spaghetti black to make the strings! Once everyone I figured was coming had arrived we sang Happy Birthday and I tried to get Javan to dig into the cake. He was not at all interested and actually spit out the first couple of tastes that I gave him after making a terrible face. I forced him to take a little bit more and then he decided that it might not be so bad. He was hesitant with his first couple of finger tastes but pretty soon he was double fisting it. He put a decent size hole in the side of the cake and made a nice little mess too. I let him go at it while I cut the cake for everyone else and passed it out. All the kids ate around his table and he just shoveling it in. Eventually I had figured he had gotten enough so I took him away to clean him up. He didn't whine about leaving but while I was trying to clean him he kept going back for more. After the cake we opened the presents. He got a couple toy cars and a glass mug with his name on it and then lots of diapers and some wipes. After the gifts most people cleared out and I started to clean up. I think everything went really well and it wasn't the huge stressful event that some of the parties we have had here were so that was really nice. We got some good pictures of the cake eating and I think that is the most important! Thanks to everyone who came and shared Javan's special day with us!
You can click on the pictures to see them larger in a new window.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby Javan. You are soooo cute!!!! Grandma is sorry I wasn't able to be there. I hope you are enjoying your new highchair and I have a few little things for you. I will try and see you Tuesday.. I love you...You are so adorable...Love Grandma and Papa.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger woodykelli said...

He is so adorable!! He loved his cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home