&t The Taylor Family: Playing Hookie

Wednesday, June 30

Playing Hookie

Last week I requested a couple days off of work for no particular reason, it was just time for a little break I think. I asked for today and the Wednesday in two weeks. Since the kids are out for summer they have been at home all day everyday and poor Daddy is having a hard time getting anything done. My friend told me about a good deal on kid's movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so today we decided to check it out. My mom came with us for the fun and we started our day out by watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" at the big theater. It was $3 each (Javan was free) and that included a box of popcorn and drink with admission. The movie was really cute and Javan did great this time and didn't fuss once. After the movie we decided to check out a big splash pad at Fort Mellon Park in Sanford that I had heard lots about. There was a $2 fee for each person, including Javan but the pad is really big. Because they charge for it there were only a few other kids there which was nice but the pad itself is not real exciting so I don't think we will be going back to that one. After the kids played for an hour and a half we called them out to get dried off so we could grab some lunch. We ended up going to Fazoli's for something different and since they were having a 99 cent kids meal special today only. We all filled up on pasta and breadsticks and then went over to Target just to walk around and stay out of the heat. I know that the kids grow so quickly and lately I have been trying to take advantage of them being little while I can. Bresa is almost 7 years old and I know pretty soon she will be 18 and off to college. I want to make sure I don't regret working all the time and not spending enough time with them now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home