&t The Taylor Family: Party Day!

Saturday, July 17

Party Day!

This morning I got up and met my friend Evelyn for breakfast before starting all the work for the days events. Bresa has been counting done the days to her birthday party and just couldn't wait for today to arrive. She told Grandma she wanted a princess cake and we planned her party at Michael's Craft Store. I had already booked the room and bought all the supplies for the kids we invited to make their own special boxes. Grandma and I came up with a good idea for Bresa's cake and today we made our attempt at decorating. The cake actually turned out pretty cute and all the kids at the party really loved it. When it was finally time for the party I couldn't get Bresa to sit still, she was so excited. One by one the kids came in and pretty soon the party was underway. The kids worked really hard at making their boxes perfect and they all did a great job. They sang Happy Birthday and ate cake as I loaded up their new boxes full of goodies. After the cake was gone Bresa opened all her presents. She got lots of Junie B Jones books and a few fun little toys and a gift card to Target. The party went pretty smoothly and I think it was worth the price that Michael's charged for it, very reasonable. A full day of fun and all the kids were happy with their boxes so I think it was a hit. We went home and unloaded all the goodies and then the kids swam in the pool out back for a while. Tonight Grandma is going to watch the kids for us and Peter and I going to go out with Bill and Lisa. Time for some grown up fun too.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Smith Family said...

Great job on the cake!!! I've always wanted to try decorating a Barbie cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home