&t The Taylor Family: To the Beach!

Saturday, April 16

To the Beach!

When I was little going to the beach was such a hassle. I mean, it was fun to go but with all the set up and the packing and unpacking, and cleaning and lugging stuff it was just a lot of work. Last year I learned that trips to the beach didn't have to be that way. This morning I packed the kids suits and after our egg hunt we ate our packed lunch in the car and then the kids got dressed for the beach. We already had our buckets from the hunt and I had brought a couple little water balls as well as a shovel. I grabbed the beach bag with towels and off we went down to the water in New Smyrna. When we dropped our stuff the girls took off for the water and Javan hung around me to dig some holes. I just sat back and watched them all. The sky was a little overcast so the sun wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze that helped too. I had called my friends, Brenda and Bill, because I knew they had come to town to see their friend. They told me they had just left and were eating lunch and would stop by and see us when they were through. Before too long they came walking up and when Javan saw Brenda going to talk to the girls he decided he wanted to play in the water too. We all went and got wet (whether we wanted to or not) and all the kids screamed with delight in the waves. Javan liked the water on his terms but when it came crashing into him he got mad. He ran back and got his bucket and shovel and started digging where the water just ended. Bill and Brenda left to go back to their friend and I just watched the kids play some more. They went back and forth between the water and the sand and worked on a sand castle and caught little crab things. They collected shells and trucked buckets of water from the ocean. Eventually I was ready to go though I know they could have stayed there all day. I still had something planned for us so our day was not over yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home